- Fiber plays an improtant role in our diet. Evidence shows that high amounts of cereal fiber intake is associated with decreased cardiovascular risk after a first hear attack.
- There are two forms of fiber. Insoluble fiber, which dissolves in water. Examples of this include oats, beans, peas, apples, rice bran, barley, citrus fruits, strawberries, rice, and peas. Examples of insoluble fiber include whole wheat bread, brussel sprouts, rye, grains, cabbage, carrots, turnips, and apple skins.
- The goal of intake for fiber is 25 grams a day, which would be the equivalent of 6 cups of oatmeal (cooked) a day, as an example.
- Increasing you rcereal fiber intake after your first Heart attack results in a 35% decrease in risk of death from cardiovascular causes and a 31% decrease in death from any cause.
- Increasing fiber intake works by improving your glycemic response and insulin sensitivity. This decreases LDL cholesterol and diabetes risks. You will eat less because you feel full after high fiber meals and ths will tend to lose more weight.
- Eating fibers from fruits is less associated with improved outcomes after a first heart attack than cereal fibers.
- You need to aim for 6-8 servings of grains per day and 8-10 servings of vegetables and fruits per day. Remember that a half-cup of fruit is a serving while a single cup of leafy vegetables is a full serving.
Ketamine Treatment Center | 703-844-0184 | Ketamine treatment for depression, PTSD | Neograft Hair Transplantation | FUE | Hair Care | Hair Loss Treatment | Hair Loss Center | Addiction Medical Treatment Center | Suboxone | Sublocade | Vivitrol | IV Vitamin Drip | IV Doctor in Fairfax, Va | 22306 | Pain management | Suboxone | Sublocade |Probuphine | Vivtrol | Alcohol addiction | Opioid Addiction treatment |